The latest episode of the Viewless Wings Poetry Podcast features new beginnings-inspired poetry from four wonderful poets:
- Sarah Bricault – when I close my eyes and think apple
- Nikita Jayaprakash – Trio of poems: Grim Reaper, Counting on the Porch, and Swings, Church and Shoes
- Patricia Cannon – Inspiration
- Colleen Charlette – Two-Word Flip
More on our feature poets:
- Sarah Bricault has a PhD in neurobiology and currently works as a postdoc in that field. Her fascination with the mind and how it processes information often finds itself in her poetry, as do themes related to mental health. Sarah’s work can be found in Brown Bag Online, High Shelf Press, The Poeming Pigeon, Beyond Words, Wingless Dreamer, and elsewhere.
- Nikita Jayaprakash is a high school senior, and current Teen Poet Laureate of Pleasanton, California, who writes to share the excessive thoughts in her head. She has been writing since she was seven, and she loves every aspect of literature: she reads in her spare time, writes at the most inopportune moments and has a penchant for writing her favorite lines in calligraphy.
- Patricia Cannon has been a Registered Nurse at UCSF since 2001. She has worked in cardiac critical care, neuro intensive care, hemeoncology, school nursing, and currently, in research. In the early days of the pandemic, she was redeployed to the CATCH team which stands for the Covid, Assessment, Treatment, Coordination Hub. This pilot was launched to help patients get much needed procedures and surgeries. Her passion is her faith, photography, and the written word in all its forms. Her poetry has appeared in several magazines and books.
- Colleen Charlette is an admirer and generator of poetry. She is working on self-publishing her first book of poetry. Colleen is Cree First Nations and she is currently residing in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
We encourage you to submit your poetry to our monthly contest.