At Viewless Wings, we celebrate the craft of poetry, the voices of poets from around the world, and the business of publishing poetry. Below is a quick tour of what you can find on Viewless Wings. Subscribing is free, and ensures you won’t miss upcoming features, interviews, and events.
Viewless Wings provides a platform for poets to have their work published (on ViewlessWings.com) and heard (on the Viewless Wings Poetry Podcast). You can read (and hear) selected poets on our Featured Poets page. We review submitted poetry on a monthly basis.
Interviews with Poets and Artists
Viewless Wings also publishes regular interviews with extraordinary poets and artists from around the world both on our website and on our podcast. Here are some of the interviews we’ve published:
- Olivia Gatwood, poet and author of “Life of the Party”
- Corey Van Landingham, poet and author of “Love Letter to Who Owns the Heavens”
- Lisa Marie Simmons, poet and musician
- Angie Trudell Vasquez, Poet Laureate of Madison, WI
- Morgan Liphart, poet and author of “Barefoot and Running”
- Gaia Alari, director-animator of “tethered” (produced by Viewless Wings)
- Sean Singer, poet and author of “Today in the Taxi”
- Regina Harris Baiocchi, poet and author
- Jessica Sabo, poet and author of “A Body of Impulse”
- Bianca Amira Zanella, poet-in-residence at Phoenix Books (Rutland, VT)
Viewless Wings Poetry Podcast
The Viewless Wings Poetry Podcast explores the art of poetry, and the business of publishing, through interviews with poets and artists, and special features. Season 1 features interviews with poets including Olivia Gatwood and Regina Harris Baiocchi, artists including Kari Byron and animator/director Gaia Alari, and more.
Poet Rachel Abramowitz on How She Created "The Birthday of the Dead" – Viewless Wings Poetry Podcast
Self-Publishing your Poetry
Viewless Wings has published a series of articles on self-publishing collections of poetry, and interviewed experts in the field of design and publishing. Below are some of the resources we’ve created to help poets successfully publish their work.
- Getting started
- Professional writers write every day including an interview with poetry coach Ryan McRee
- Storyboarding the manuscript
- The value of poetry workshops and coaching
- Hire a copyeditor! including an interview with copyeditor Brittany Smail
- Imprint, ISBNs, LCCN, and barcodes
- Getting a professional profile photo
- Copyrights and art usage license agreements
- Choosing a cover and layout designer including an interview with designer Zoe Norvell
- Printing and distribution
- Publishing a book is a product management challenge
- Securing Blurbs, Advance Readers and PR
Viewless Wings has published two books by James C. Morehead: “canvas: poems” (June 2021) and “portraits of red and gray: memoir poems” (March 2022).