Love poems on greeting cards give poetry a bad name. There are so many beautiful and challenging poems anchored on the theme of “love” that avoid greeting card clichés. The latest episode of the Viewless Wings Poetry Podcast features images of love-inspired poetry from five wonderful poets:
- Lisa Delan – The morning after
- Griffin Epstein – Poem for our tin anniversary and Evening, after James Schuyler
- K.T. Reid – California Dreamin’
- David Radavich – When You Went Missing
- Lawrence Bridges – The Switch
The Viewless Wings Poetry Podcast features interviews with poets A.E. Stallings and Olivia Gatwood, artist Kari Byron, musician-poet Lisa Marie Simmons, director-animator Gaia Alari and many more, and select submissions from poets worldwide.
More on our feature poets:
- Lisa Delan As a classical soprano, Lisa Delan has focused her career on American Art Song – performing, commissioning and recording musical settings of poems by cummings, Angelou, Bowles, Dickinson, Kinnell, Plath, and other visionary writers. She has recorded extensively for the Pentatone label and can be heard on Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, and other music platforms..
- Griffin Epstein is a non-binary white settler from NYC (Lenape land) working in education and community-engaged research in Toronto (Dish with One Spoon/Treaty 13). They have been featured in Glad Day’s Emerging Writers Series, and their poetry has appeared in CV2, Grain, The Maynard and Plenitude, among others. griffin is the author of the chapbook so we may be fed (Frog Hollow Press, 2021), and member of the experimental videogame collective shrunken studios. They develop multimedia work with poet Shannon Quinn and multi-disciplinary artist bryan depuy.
- K.T. Reid is an African-American male writer living in Texas. He is working on getting his first full-length project/collection published in early to mid-2023.
- David Radavich Among David Radavich’s poetry collections are two epics, AMERICA BOUND (2007) and AMERICA ABROAD (2019), as well as MIDDLE-EAST MEZZE (2011) and THE COUNTRIES WE LIVE IN (2014). His plays have been performed across the U.S., including six Off-Off-Broadway, and in Europe. His latest book is UNTER DER SONNE / UNDER THE SUN: German and English Poems from Deutscher Lyrik Verlag (2022).
- Lawrence Bridges‘ poetry has appeared in The New Yorker, Poetry, and The Tampa Review. He has published three volumes of poetry: Horses on Drums, Flip Days, and Brownwood with Red Hen Press.
We encourage you to submit your poetry to our monthly contest.